Oliver Lietz wrote
> On Friday 08 January 2016 11:15:13 Chetan Mehrotra wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 8:39 PM, Daniel Klco <daniel.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> If this is a "beta" piece of software I'm not sure we'd need the
>>> dependency
>>> yet.
>>
>> Looks like my use of version as 0.0.2 caused confusion. To clarify
>> this is not a "beta" piece of software. Current feature set done is
>> stable, tested and the api not going to change in incompatible way.
>> Its just that I plan to add some more features to this module before
>> considering it as 1.0. I just treat 1.0 as special but its just me!
>>
>> Reason for current release is to allow use of the API part in other
>> bundles and not hold that work. Further feature work would mostly
>> affect reporting side which would not affect the bundles which make
>> use of the API delivered so far
>>
>> If others think that we should call it v 1.0.0 for it to be included
>> in bundle/commons and launchpad then I can as well cut a new release
>> with 1.0 as version number?
>
> Chetan, big +1 for doing it that way. We have other bundles with versions
> smaller 1.0 in Launchpad and I wish we would do it with other bundles also to
> allow developers to test new features, e.g. validation.

But the difference here as that this is metrics api is intended final,
hence the package version is 1.0.0.
I think we either declare victory and have this released as 1.0.0 (both
package and bundle version) or we agree that this might need a little
bit of playing with it and potentially tweaking. In that case 0.0.2 for
both versions would be good.

But releasing a 0.0.2 version with a final 1.0.0 package, doesn't sound
right to me.

Adobe Research Switzerland