I don't want to revive this discussion, but just wanted to give some ideas
about my ideas when I initially started this with Bertrand (accidentally we
did that together on an adapTo() some years ago).

* the idea was always to use the healthchecks to capture the application
state and make it usable for consumption by a loadbalancer or any other
external monitoring system. Implementing other checks (like checks for
security measures being implemented) are also possible, but they have never
been the primary usecase.
* the way how the reporting states "OK", "WARN" and "CRITICAL" are
interpreted, is totally up to the developer implementing the healthchecks
and the team operating the system. While "OK" and "CRITICAL" seem quite
natural,  "WARN" is always ambigous. Coming with an "old-school" IT
operation background, I would interprete WARN as "it's still working and
can be used, but we should have a closer look at it". Nevertheless, the
developer of healthchecks should have the same understanding.
* The idea was always that it should be possible to change the settings
during runtime manually; either to override accidentally incorrect settings
or to handle unforseen situations; removing a misbehaving check from the
state calculation (manually, without deployment) is definitly a usecase
which should be supported.

Jörg

--
Cheers,