On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 10:02:04PM -0800, Dan Quinlan wrote:
> Actually, bug 3998 has always been in the Future queue.

Really?  <me checks>   Hrm, indeed.  I remember moving it to the 3.0.2
queue ...  Maybe my browser blew up mid-process?  It's been doing that
lately, unfortunately.  <me moves ticket to 3.0.3 queue>

> I don't understand why you are voting against a release because of a
> feature request, which not a bug at all, isn't in the right milestone,
> and hasn't been reviewed by you or anyone else.

It's moot at this point, and I meant to vote -0.5 and not -1 BTW.
I wanted more of a "I'd rather not yet" versus "NFW".  It was more of
a shock of nothing at all for weeks about a release, then suddenly,
the one night I'm not sitting online, a bunch of stuff happens and a
release occurs.

Anyway, as for reasoning -- I have been having conversations with the
Habeas folks to get this code/support into 3.0.2.  Per my last message
I've already explained how since there wasn't any discussion for weeks
now wrt a release, there wasn't extreme urgency in doing a code review.
Had I known there was going to be a release tonight/this week/this
month, I would have made an effort to free up enough time to do the
review beforehand.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"lp1 on fire" - Linux kernel error message