On 2 Aug 2004, at 02:33, Ted Husted wrote:

I think we'll just have to go with whatever is simplest, since no one seems to have much time to volunteer to the process. Apparently, that would be the Maven approach.

yep :)

if you take a look at the maven url (http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/maven/binaries/maven-1.0.zip), you'll see that actually the maven specific bit on the end (maven/binaries/maven-1.0.zip) is passed through to the closer.cgi script (www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi). assuming that you're going to be creating a new directory called struts in /www/www.apache.org/dist, then you should be able to just pass the relative path from that directory into the scripts.

i would recommend that you create open pgp compatible signatures for your releases (as well as MD5s) and also add the MD5 values for the release to the acquiring page (so that users can easily find them). it is very strongly recommended that users should check the md5 sums for all downloads (from the mirrors) so i'd advocate saying something about that on the acquiring page as well.

i'll try to make reading the struts list a priority for the next few days, so if you have any questions or problems ask away.

I appreciate your help in this, robert.

glad to be of assistance :)

- robert