On 4/27/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 4/26/06, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > The resolved/closed question is interesting.  I guess they could be
> > resolved, but reviewed and closed by the release manager.  Otherwise,
> > I'd agree that they seem to function the same for open source projects
> > anyways.
>

> In my day job scenario, we have the developers who commit changes switch an
> issue to "Resolved", and then QE verifies the result and switches it to
> "Closed".  I'd hate to see us stick all of that responsibility solely on a
> release manager right before a release (doubt we'd ever get a volunteer to
> do it twice :-), but maybe we could have the release manager declare a
> moratorium on changes, and then have all the committers take on the task of
> verifying the issues that have been purported to be fixed?

Here (in our team) the developers switch the issues to DONE (bugzilla)
and the reporter of the issue (QA or anyone else) is responsible to
CLOSE the issue and resolve it as fixed (or reopen it, if it's not
fixed).
Could it be a possible scenario for struts-issues too? The reporter of
an issue whould have a natural interest in checking the fix and
confirming it.

regards

> Craig

Leon