Antonio Petrelli wrote:
Wow what a long thread and all in the night :-) (well, at least for Europe).
Sincerely I don't see the problem of changing the name of "Struts 2.1.x" to
"Struts 3.0.x". It's just a version name change.
IMHO if you change the API (read: public, protected and package-friendly
members) instead of deprecating them, we *cannot* release a 2.1.x version.
If we developers are too lazy to deprecate members, well, we either choose
to re-create deprecated members, or we should roll a 3.0 version
In fact, if we roll out a 3.0 version, Struts users will be sure that these
changes are incompatible.
Same here.