Al Sutton wrote:
Antonio,

I see where you're coming from, but I really don't think the leap from S2.0 to the current S2.1 is anywhere near the leap from S1 to S2, hence why I'm in favour of the 2.1 because I feel it reflects that although there are some changes, many of the core concepts are the same and, in many cases, changes will be limited to small sections of the app (such as config files an updates to specific API usage), as opposed to major changes to tag names, functionality, and design concepts.
I think these are good points. The key isn't to never break things, but to structure it well. That is why I'd like to break everything, clean it all up and then move forward from something like 3.0 as the API freeze for all release up to 4.0. That's really what I'm after. Then I can tell the tools to check compatibility at the major number.

-bp