Dale Newfield wrote:
Chris Pratt wrote:
The proposed flow (with <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue):

The bit you're missing is that if you have a tag attribute with rtexprvalue set to false that contains what the container thinks is an EL expression (i.e., "${foo}"), the jsp compilation will fail, so it will never execute and pass the string "${foo}" on to your tag. As previous posters suggested, I believe the only way to prevent this is to tell the container to never evaluate these el expressions, which has the previously mentioned down-sides.
Or to use the JSP delayed evaluation syntax of #{} which is part of UEL and JSP 2.1 (or 2.2 or whichever spec we are currently on).