I'm all for this ;) (http://markmail.org/message/nykgr354ts4hlkif)

-bp

On Aug 5, 2009, at 11:12 PM, Don Brown wrote:

XWork was left at OpenSymphony, because at the time, there were a
number of WebWork developers still around and we wanted to continue to
work together.  Today, WebWork activity seems all but dead, leaving us
with no advantages having the code hosted over there.  Furthermore,
having critical code in different packages is really confusing for
developers of the framework and its apps with no apparent benefit.

Ideally, I'd like to bring xwork trunk into the core jar and be done
with the theoretically useful yet practically painful split.  However,
that would break Struts 2 apps without tedious backwards-compatibility
code, but getting the code bases integrated is the first step.  Maybe
at first, we keep two artifacts, but I think we should think about a
serious migration to just one.  XWork itself will always be around,
but trying to put a framework at our core that is meant for ambiguous
theoretical users brings unnecessary complexity and problems to all
parties.

Can I start planning the funeral? :)

Don