But at the end of the day, I'm not really interested in trying to
forcefully "convert" you (or anyone else) since I believe that people
should be able to do what they want with their computers.

As if I'm against it. Convert me as much as you'd like to~

But in all seriousness though. I'll try to use more simple software for some time and try to get used to it. I do see it's advantages. It's just that the disadvantages are to big for me. But that can easily be a problem of not being used to it and not having the right habit yet.

--
Nikita