> On Mon, Jul 3, 2023 at 4:31PM Fernando <fernandoreyesavi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I am looking for a graphics editor that can:
> > *use color
> > *can draw basic lines and shapes
> > *easy to build (like suckless programs)
>
> As far as easy to build, I've built grafx2 (
> http://pulkomandy.tk/projects/GrafX2 ) and LodePaint (
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/lodepaint/ ) with no issues.  Both
> use SDL.  LodePaint also uses OpenGL.  TuxPaint (
> https://tuxpaint.org/ ) is another SDL based graphics program.
> Another post mentioned MtPaint.  There's also rgbPaint (
> https://mtpaint.sourceforge.net/rgbpaint.html ) by the same author.
> I've built and use Xpaint on a few systems as well:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/sf-xpaint/  If you want a console
> based option, I like GLE:  https://glx.sourceforge.io/
>
> You could check if Raylib has any graphics editors designed to work
> with it.  I did run across a minimal CAD program for Nuklear (
> https://github.com/zecruel/CadZinho ).
>
> Hope some of them are useful.

That's too much options to check out for me, but a console-based option
(to me
that sounds like not needing X11? Because ideally that's what I'd want.. I
want
to get rid of a Window manager and in the future use something like dvtm)

Damn, glx(e) says in their FAQ that you could have just a text file act as a
command-input for drawing! So cool!