Github user markt-asf commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tomcat/pull/72

    My point is that with the o.a.c.webresources.Cache in place, this solution
offers little additional benefit. I'm not suggesting creating dependencies from
Jasper to Catalina.

    On closer inspection, caching the content in the ParserController does
limit the lifetime of the cache appropriately.

    There are more than 2 reads per file. The process to determine encoding is
another read.

    My thinking is really just a different solution. It just caches the content
in a different place - a buffered input stream. From memory there was also the
opportunity to reduce some unnecessary processing (the result would be
unchanged from the #parseDirectives phase) in the #parse phase.

---
with INFRA.
---