Hi *,

As mentioned in an earlier post, I'm trying out o3-build within a
minimal chroot install.

That chroot has no X11 installed, so it relies on the stuff o3-build
provides.

The build breaks at bean module, because checkdll cannot find various
X-libraries.

When trying to build m214, configure auto-enables the headless plugin,
but the build then fails in vcl because it cannot find libglib.

The wiki page mentions that the /o3/lx_ia32/lib must not be in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and the LDFLAGS - and that seems to be the reason for
this breakage

As a workaround I symlinked the following libs to
solver/680/unxlngi6.pro/lib/:

/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libXp.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libXt.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libXext.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libXtst.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libX11.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libSM.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libICE.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0

I'm not sure whether checkdll or the bean/vcl modules is at fault here.

If not, I suggest putting (symlinking) these libs to a workaround
libpath that can be added to LD_LIBRARY_PATH/LDFLAGS to avoid the need
for this workaround.

(taking the libraries from the system would be pointless, since the point
in using o3-build is to have a common build-environment that generates
the same instsets, no matter on what machine it was built)

ciao
Christian
--
NP: Foo Fighters - Friend Of A Friend