Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi *,

As mentioned in an earlier post, I'm trying out o3-build within a
minimal chroot install.

That chroot has no X11 installed, so it relies on the stuff o3-build
provides.

The build breaks at bean module, because checkdll cannot find various
X-libraries.

When trying to build m214, configure auto-enables the headless plugin,
but the build then fails in vcl because it cannot find libglib.

The wiki page mentions that the /o3/lx_ia32/lib must not be in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and the LDFLAGS - and that seems to be the reason for
this breakage

As a workaround I symlinked the following libs to
solver/680/unxlngi6.pro/lib/:

/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libXp.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libXt.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libXext.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libXtst.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libX11.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libSM.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libICE.so.6
/o3/lx_ia32/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0

I'm not sure whether checkdll or the bean/vcl modules is at fault here.

If not, I suggest putting (symlinking) these libs to a workaround
libpath that can be added to LD_LIBRARY_PATH/LDFLAGS to avoid the need
for this workaround.

(taking the libraries from the system would be pointless, since the point
in using o3-build is to have a common build-environment that generates
the same instsets, no matter on what machine it was built)

Initially I had the assumption that the machine which is used for building has also all prerequisites installed required for running the binary finally. Gerd's try on ubuntu server already showed that this is not true at all, so I need to go the way to come also with a X11 baseline. It will take a few days until I can provide an update, since my vmware images for SuSe73 crashed, I need to reconstruct my Suse73 system first.
ciao
Christian

Martin