On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Raymond Feng<enjoyj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good question. This is in fact a good use case of the Tuscany and such
> scenarios can help us organize the modules.
>
> Assembly depends on policy as the assembly model references intents and
> policySets from the policy model. From the xml loading perspective,
> assembly-xml doesn't depend on policy-xml or definitions-xml which handles
> the loading of intent/policySet definitions. So it is possible to use
> assembly-xml without policy-xml or definitions-xml in Android to reduce
> memory footprint. We can try to find a good balance here.

That case doesn't make any sense to try to optimize. The policy-xml
and definitions-xml modules take only 40k which is a _tiny_ fraction
of the total runtime size and they don't bring in any new
dependencies, and its not possible now to run without the xml modules
as all the other xml modules have been merged into their model
modules.

   ...ant