Hi

There is more general info on the wire formats for JMS in the 1.x
documentation for the JMS binding [1] (we haven't made docs for 2.x
yet). Toward the bottom there are some notes about how the feature is
implemented.

In 1.x we did add the feature, that Ant is referring to, that allows
you to specify wire formats for request and response independently.
So, for example,  you could have an incoming bytes messages and a
response formatted as xml. Ant, is the feature still enabled in 2.x?

The wire formats are also pluggable, so in theory you can write your
own if the formats that are provided out of the box are not
sufficient. As you can see from the docs pages they are basically
interceptors that get a chance to process the message as it flows
between the binding and the service implementation.

Regards

Simon

[1] http://tuscany.apache.org/sca-java-bindingjms.html