On 4/28/07, Henning P. Schmiedehausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Supun Kamburugamuva" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>2.I couldn't call inner class methods. I put an inner class object in
>to Velocity context and then tried to call its methods from the
>template. But it didn't work. Velocity just outputs the calling method
>name.

Yes, this is AFAIK a known restriction. Can you open a JIRA issue
for this so that it does not get lost?

No, even VelocityTools uses inner classes extensively.  If the class
is public and the method is public, you should be good to go.  It
doesn't make any difference whether the class is inner or outer.

        Best regards
                Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] | J2EE, Linux,
|gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person              |eau
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine guy     |rwc
                                                                            |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n

               "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."