I agree, we don't need to expose ExtProperties.

On 09/12/2016 17:07, Michael Osipov wrote:
Am 2016-12-09 um 13:05 schrieb Claude Brisson:
This issue has revealed another problem: we still have deprecated
initialization methods taking an ExtendedProperties object. But I had
totally overlooked the fact that since we now use shading, the method
signatures will change anyway. Even if we avoid shading this one
specific class, we can't decently keep an undeclared dependency, even

I'd even question wether ExtProperties is needed as public API at all. ExtendedProperties was written long time ago, while Properties still don't have many features, it satisfies many cases.

Why not have the user provide Properties only and ExtPropeties will extend Properties, removing duplication, adding only necessary bits and be an implementation-specific detail (e.g., VelocityProperties).

The user pretty much does not care how velocity internally works with properties.

Does this make sense?

Michael