Hi Martin, thanks for the reply!

> Hi, the form component clearInput method that clean this state is called
> on
> > the valid method. I'm trying to guess why the form component keep his raw
> > input after an form processing with errors.  I can't figure out why don't
> > clear the raw input in this situation, since on the next form submit the
> raw
> > input will to be updated any way.
>
> I don't know the original design but if you (e.g., ajax) redraw some
> components it's goddamn useful to have the raw input. Say that you
> redraw erroneous components with red border like I do. You would lose
> the raw value if you clear that and the user would lose the input.

Actually this statement make sense if you are telling me: is very useful
keep the raw input during all rendering process. After render parse, I can't
see any good reason to maintain the raw input.

> > 3 - the user perform some ajax work that update some form components
> model
> > objects, and add then to the response.
>
> If you chaneg model value you should call setmodelobject which clears
> raw input (note: only if model really changes)!

Consider that the user can use the same model instance on more than one
component. Or that he can have controllers that only keep reference to the
model.

--
Pedro Henrique Oliveira dos Santos