Hi!

>> I don't know the original design but if you (e.g., ajax) redraw some
>> components it's goddamn useful to have the raw input. Say that you
>> redraw erroneous components with red border like I do. You would lose
>> the raw value if you clear that and the user would lose the input.
>
> Actually this statement make sense if you are telling me: is very useful
> keep the raw input during all rendering process. After render parse, I can't
> see any good reason to maintain the raw input.

I must elaborate:

1. validate
2. detect error
3. keep rawinput
4. re-render error components with red border AND rawinput
5. user retry form submit

>> If you chaneg model value you should call setmodelobject which clears
>> raw input (note: only if model really changes)!
>
> Consider that the user can use the same model instance on more than one
> component. Or that he can have controllers that only keep reference to the
> model.

Well.. then you just call clearinput yourself or implement a wrapped
model with something happening when it changes...

... or maybe the gurus here have even better suggestions for your special case.

**
Martin