On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 01:00:23PM -0500, David Dawes wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 10:15:59PM +0100, Thomas Zander wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have been finetuning a driver for the paceblade touchscreen for a long
> >time now; and it has been publicaly available in the pacebook CVS (on
> >sourceforge).
> >
> >I feel that the only proper place to place this driver is in the XFree CVS.
> >
> >Is it possible that I get an CVS account so I can place and maintain the
> >driver in the XFree CVS tree?
>
> XFree86 commit access isn't given out like this.  Please feel free to submit
> your driver to XFree86 (via [EMAIL PROTECTED]) after 4.3.

Does that mean the code I submit can not be changed by me without sending a
diff to the fixes email?
Who is the one that decides to add features and code changes then?
In other words; who is responsible for that driver (and incidently, for all
drivers in CVS).

> >Would be super if that can happen before 4.3; with the argument that a new
> >driver is hardly going to break other stuff :)
>
> I can see the appeal of that argument, but my experience with XFree86
> releases tells me otherwise.

Ok, was worth a try :)

--
Thomas Zander