In case it wasn't clear, only dual-card layouts show the problem.
I can start just the secondary card and the primary console will be
restored correctly, likewise starting on only the primary card works
fine.  Only when starting on both cards will the primary console be
restored incorrectly.  This didn't happen before updating.

                MArk.