Hi,

Thanks for your attention. Regarding the BIOS, I am using the latest version available.

Sorry to ask that but, if the BIOS is broken, why, under WindowsXp, the LCD works in 1024x768? Why, with X11, the CRT works in 1024x768? Should not the broken BIOS prevent the LCD from working under WindowsXP and the CRT under X11? I am not sure if I understood correctly the role of the BIOS in the proccess.

Also, canīt I override this ModeAttribute? Canīt I set it to 0x9b? Would this fix the problem?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Sergio

Alan Hourihane wrote:

Actually,

From the look of your log file, the 1024x768 mode isn't supported at all
on your LCD. And although your LCD is reported at 1024x768 it looks
like your BIOS is broken.

ModeAttributes should show 0x9b, whereas it's showing 0x9a.

That first bit is dictating whether XFree86 allows the mode or not,
as it's VBE's method of saying if the mode is supported in the current
configuration.

Have you double checked for an updated BIOS ?

Alan.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.8 - Release Date: 2/14/2005