Hi Christian,

Thanks for answering.

Christian Zietz wrote:

I still suppose that your BIOS only recognizes the LCD as a 800x600 one,
while the CRT is recognized correctly as being able to display 1024x768.
The Windows XP driver doesn't care about the BIOS but bypasses it. X on
the other hand needs the BIOS to set the resolution because the
information on how to do that without the BIOS is not publicly available.

CU Christian

Sorry, but what do you mean with "how to do that"? What kind of information is (not!) in the BIOS that tells X how to change the resolution? A function? A memory address? Something else?

I am asking this because, if I have more information about what is possibly broken/missing in the BIOS, I can try to contact the manufacturer and ask for a fix. Without specific information it is difficult to get a useful answer from the manufacturer (COMPAL).

Thanks again.

Sergio

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.8 - Release Date: 2/14/2005