> >I'm trying to compile and run kannel 1.1.5 on cygwin.
> >Everything compiles well but when I try to run the bearerbox it says:
> >
> >2001-09-04 09:13:43 [1] PANIC: gwlib/gwthread-pthread.c:151:
> >getthreadinfo: Assertion `pthread_equal(threadinfo->self,
> >pthread_self())' failed.
> >
> >I've tried to uncomment line 151 in file gwlib/gwthread-pthread.c which
> >looks like this:
> >
> >       gw_assert(pthread_equal(threadinfo->self, pthread_self()));
> >
> >If I do that then I can start the bearerbox and the smsbox but I can
> >only send one SMS.
> >If I try to send another one it freezes.
> >
> >Any ideas how this line can be changed to work on cygwin?
>
> I had the same problem. To me it looks like the assert is failing
> even the threadinfo->self and pthread-self are the same. So
> pthread_equal has a bug on cygwin or something like that.

pthreads are still considered not-fully supported on Cygwin.

I would suggest you to use a special pthread-win32 package I arranged for
Cygwin 1.1.8, but it works with slight modifications to its pthread.h for
1.3.2 too.

Usually you can find the tarball on our Cygwin machine

  http://kannel.dev.wapme.net/

But the machine is down for hardware and OS upgrade. It will be back-up
again tomorrow. Check at least this week-end.

Mail me if you have any further questions.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248