> Are there any interfaces that Kannel WAP gateway provides for any third
> party billing Engine? If so can anyone provide the details of the same(which
> are these interfaces? What is the format in which traffic data is provided
> etc?)

there are basic constructs for this within Kannel. At least logging
facilities that can be expanded.

> Has somebody already integrated kannel WAP gateway with any billing engine?
> Please let me know the details.

Yes we have. We have a MySQL solution which is used for various
reasons with Kannel, i.e. MSISDN provisioning and accounting. It's
considered to be very tailored and yet not publicly available.

> Also are there any plans to implement new WAP billing Framework by Wapforum
> in kannel wap gateway?

Currently billing (what is concerned about WAP anyway) is used in the
following manner:

a) in case of CSD (GSM): your on-the-air time is beeing charged.
b) in case of GPRS: your traffic volume is been charged.

I suppose you need some kind of billing facility as third-party
provider, an ASP or something like that?

Regards,

Stipe Tolj
Department Management
Technology Center & Research Lab