smsc_http is used to connect to another kannel as an SMSC and send
messages through HTTP. it is not currently usable for any other 'over
HTTP' connection to SMSC (i.e. XML over HTTP access).
I'm currently working on a 'SOAP' (XML over HTTP) module for
connectivity to One2One smscaccess gateway. I didn't think about it
before, but now that you mention it, although there are many differences
between the SOAP method and the kannel HTTP interface, maybe
"generalizing" smsc_http for use with XML would have been a better idea.
oh well, we're into testing already, so I'm not going to scrap all my
work and start from scratch :-)

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise Inc.

"Women, with out them there will be no civilization."
        -- from "Kuffs"