Harrie Hazewinkel kirjoittaa perjantaina, 31. toukokuuta 2002, kello
12:36:

> --On Friday, May 31, 2002 9:57 AM +0200 Stipe Tolj <tolj@wapme-
> systems.de> wrote:
>>
>> yep, that may be. Aarno, what do you mean of this? Did you recognize
>> anything at your benchmark testings?
>
> I understood the others were thinking of some malloc function.
> Those are system calls and probably locked for exclusive use in
> a process. Meaning the many multiple threads have to wait on each
> other.
>
> This is just theory, nothing I tested or so. Therefore, I used
> 'just a thought'.

This is an idea Lars had during Wapit time. Yes, it would help, dark
though then that
best way to boost Kannel performance is making it do less memory
allocations. If
this is handled by a new memory wrapper, so that there is no need to
change code
outside this module, the change is even practical.

Aarno