Oded Arbel kirjoittaa maanantaina, 3. kesäkuuta 2002, kello
10:04:Attached is a patch for octstr.c to make sure that even if null is
submitted for an Octstr, nothing will break.

> Applying it is really a philosophical question : does NULL is a valid
> Octstr* value ? the code is confusing about it : some functions choke
> when fed a NULL pointer, while others return with no error (w/o doing
> anything useful either, but that is to be expected when you're handed a
> NULL pointer).

Some modules use NULL Octstr for "this variable has no value", and
handle NULL using
this semantics. For others, it is plain error.  But I think they should
handle NULL, too, for
robustness.

Aarno