Enzo dell'Aquila kirjoittaa torstaina, 18. heinäkuuta 2002, kello
17:44:Hi,

>    I've just subscribed this mailing-list, so, what I have to ask could
> be
> in previous posts.
>
> I want to send MMS from Kannel to compliant MMS phones. I have a look
> to MMS
> specifications, so it seems there are 2 ways:
>
> a) M-send.request: sending MMS to MMSC Relay/server
> b) M-notification.ind: sending directly MMS to phone
>
> What's the best way? Is b) way correct?

B) is OK.

> Case a) I suppose I must have a link to operator MMSC ... how can I
> use/configure kannel to communicate with operator MMSC ? Is this way for
> mobile users only or can I use kannel to communicate with operator MMSC?

MMSCs does the communicating to the other MMSCs. But protocols are SMTP
and IMAP. But does operators let you in, is another matter.

> Case b) Are there any interoperability problems?

No, because all phones must understand notification, otherwise they do
not
fetch the message from the center.

> I have found an example here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@kannel.3glab.org/msg00972.html