Ok,

the thread about my veto to Andreas' commit have the following result
yet:

I commited a changed gw/smsc/smsc_smpp.c module that acts as follows:

By default (SMPP spec compliant) the module will assume the msg ids
are C strings, hence they are writen and searched unmodified to the
dlr processing layer.

Using the smsc group configuration directive msg-id-type alternatively
implemented SMSC behaviours can be taken into account and configured
accordingly on a smsc link basis. Hence if your SMSC does send dec and
hex mixtures for DLR msg id information, you will have to configure
this for your smsc connection.

BEWARE: the change breaks the default behaviour now for the SMPP
module. Up to now we assumed that msg ids were decimal in deliver_sm
and hex in submit_sm_resp. Now we assume (SMPP spec compliant) that
both are C strings and hence don't need any numbering base
interpretation.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG