"Kita B. Ndara" wrote:

>  Is there any good reason why the kannel sms part does
> not incorporate some kind of billing support? What I
> have in mind is:
> - Before a message is sent to the SMSC, a script is
> run by bearerbox. If it returns zero, the message is
> sent. This is for balance checking
> - When the SMSC accepts the message, another command
> is run.
>  Both commands would be specified in the SMSC group of
> the conf file, and %P, %i, etc are allowed.

what do you mean with %P, %i, etc is allowed?

>  Any thoughts?

Kannel's scope of function is beyond billing. In other words, billing
should be done by software component entities that are *not* part of
Kannel.

To make it short and simple. It's more or less a religious question if
you incorporate billing facilities to Kannels functional scope. Most
of us decided not to do this, because billing (in that SMS traffic
sense) is not standardized in any way and hence we would implement
properietary things, which open source developer don't like :)

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80