> my Smsc gave me an UCP access but it requires me to connect FROM a defined
> PORT and IP address TO a defined PORT and IP address.
>
> Saying that the EMI/UCP server I need to connect TO is 191.9.65.89 port 5002
> and that my kannel box should connect from 242.31.225.60 port 9000
>
> I've set:
> group = smsc
> smsc = emi
> host = 191.9.65.89
> port = 5002
> smsc-username = Pamela
> smsc-password = Anderson
> keepalive = 60
> our-port = 9000
> receive-port = 900
>
> If I trace the connection with tcpdump, I get that my kannel box connects
> from 242.31.225.60 port 62523 (this port changes) and not the 9000 as
> specified in the connection.
>
> Question:
> 1) Am I doing something wrong ?
> 2) If the our-port does not provide the source port config parameter, how do
> I setup kannel to open the tcp from the port 9000 ?

the 'our-port' defines the _server_ port of your side of the UCP
server itself is about to establish an TCP connection for MO
tranmissions ie. It is _not_ defining the client TCP port of the
connection towards the server. The OS is assigning this socket port
and you _don't_ have a way in defining this inside Kannel's config
file.

You'll have to go with Linux IP tables and NAT rules to map this.
Unfortunatly I can't drop you an very easy example for this. You
should either patch Kannel's source to define a hard way in connecting
with pre-defined client ports or ask your local Linux guru about the
OS IP layer way in doing this.

Stipe

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG