On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 6:32:15 AM MST Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> W dniu 01.07.2020 o 12:57, Richard W.M. Jones pisze:
>

> > If you mean migration of existing guests, then you need to repartition
> > them and reinstall the bootloader.  I doubt anyone has a practical
> > idea of how to do that either manually or automatically.
>

> Add second drive with 32-64MB size. Create ESP partition there. Install
> grub-efi. Power off, switch to UEFI mode, power on, boot to grub-efi.
>
> Much easier than with real hardware machines where you indeed need to
> play with partitions. On my laptop I have space available in /boot/
> partition so could shrink it and create ESP from there. But already have
> ESP so no need.

It's not that simple, in many cases. For example, both the virtualization
setup I use at work, and my home virtualization setup, employs iSCSI so that I
can migrate VMs between my various virtualization hosts.

In order to create a new drive, I'd have to create a new LUN just for a
32-64MiB block device.. Not impossible by any means, but not as simple as the
above. This would be similarly "more complex" in OpenStack environments.

--
John M. Harris, Jr.