Am 25.08.22 um 23:00 schrieb Iñaki Ucar:
On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 at 19:15, Iñaki Ucar <iu...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 at 18:34, Ralf Corsépius <rc040...@freenet.de> wrote:

Am 25.08.22 um 13:19 schrieb Iñaki Ucar:

I assume their maintainers didn't do it on purpose, maybe it was
easier for a certain update, didn't have time to look into it and
weren't aware of the guideline. But this is very frustrating. Seeing
many hours of work just wiped out without any notice or explanation is
very frustrating.

In my case (freefem++), it was actually was a mixture of all.

To cut a long story short: This flexblas stuff doesn't "harmonize well"
with freefem++, rsp. more bluntly speaking, flexblas breaks freefem++.

Because of this, when going after freefem++'s regressions, years after
the flexiblas changes had been introduced, I inadvertedly and
accidentally reverted the flexblas related changes, because these
apparently do not work out with freefem++.

How exactly does flexiblas break freefem++? I see v4.10 was built just
fine. Then v4.11 reverted to openblas. If it works with openblas, I
see no reason to break with flexiblas, among other things because
openblas is the default backend. Moreover, arpack, superlu,
suitesparse and other BuildRequires link against flexiblas.

In fact, freefem++ was one of the easiest packages to adapt: you just
set the library, and it does nothing fancy nor too-clever to try to
discover anything.
Then you haven't looked into details (build.log rsp. config.status).

flexiblas causes freefem's configure script to produce bogus results.

Here's a simple patch [1] and a successful scratch
build [2], with all checks passing. Please let me know if I'm missing
anything, but otherwise, I'll open a PR.
Please don't and also abstain from submitting pull requests.