On Fri Dec 1, 2023 at 16:26 +0100, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> So, due to me following my package (notmuch) upstream and testing early
> against upstream's git, reporting and working with upstream, I noticed a
> FTBFS and helped fixing it. Nothing urgent since it was basically just a
> test failing for the wrong reasons.

<snip>
> Why? For a FTBFS due to a test? No bugzilla, no FTI, no security issue
> whatsoever?

FTBFS/FTI bugs are considered serious Unhandled issues[1] that
provenpackagers are deputized to fix. The package FTBFS and merging the
Ruby update side tag without fixing the FTBFS would've caused it FTI and
broken other packages. One of these is aerc which I help maintain, so
I'm happy that Mamoru took the time to fix it. Many packagers view FTBFS
bugs as low priority issues, but when they're not addressed, they can
cause larger issues that affect other packages in the distribution.

> Dunno whether it's the new fmn or what. That works for *my* actions with
> pagure/bodhi/koji but fails to report copr actions to me, and
> apparently also actions by others.

Yeah, you may have to go to https://nofications.fedoraproject.org and
readjust your settings.

[1]: