Am Sa., 24. Feb. 2024 um 03:37 Uhr schrieb Adam Williamson
<adamw...@fedoraproject.org>:

> On Fri, 2024-02-23 at 13:36 -0500, Paul Wouters wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Feb 2024, Ben Beasley wrote:
> >
> > > Subject: Re: google-re2 pacakge update and facebook vs google python
> > > bindings
> >
> > I haven't heard back from any of the maintainers.
> >
> > I've created a PR to upgrade re2-2022-06-01 to re2-2024-02-01 as the
> > first step towards getting python-google-re2 working.
> >
> > https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/re2/pull-request/6
>
> You now seem to have just built re2 for Rawhide without any of the
> deps:
>
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2024-daa3669e4d
>
> that's not how you're supposed to do things, these days. You should
> build re2 on a side tag and then get all the deps rebuilt on the same
> side tag, then create a combined update. The update failed tests
> because of this.
>
> The best thing to do at this point would be to create a side tag, bump
> re2 and do a new build on the side tag, then ask maintainers of
> dependencies and/or provenpackagers to rebuild the dependencies on the
> side tag.
> --

Also, the commit introduced a switch to autochangelog, which should be
the maintainer's decision, and is best done in a separate commit
before the bump. Besides, the changelog file was not committed to
dist-git. Did this just erase all changelog history from the rpm?

Michael