Packit Workshop 1st Edition 2024

We, the packit team, are happy to invite you to our upcoming workshop about
pulling upstream releases to Fedora using Packit.

When: Wed, Mar 13, 9:30 AM - Wed, Mar 13, 12:30 PM (GMT+1)

Where: Online!

How: Join us as soon as you can on www.gather.town (more details will
follow). We have prepared a guided tour with some material you can
interactively consult by yourself. In the meantime we will be there to
answer any question or doubt you may have and to help you onboarding your
first package!

Who should attend: Anyone who maintains a package in Fedora or EPEL and
would like to automate syncing the upstream releases for it. The automation
is most suitable for simple packages with straightforward update processes
(e.g. without patches, or need to build in side-tags). It works without
access to the upstream repository.

No package? It’s not an issue. The workshop can help you understand the
Fedora release process and the services involved. During the workshop, you
can help someone else automate their package or ask someone around if you
can help with the maintenance (that’s usually very welcome!). You can also
bring an orphaned package back to life!

Can’t make it this time? You can also follow our documentation (
https://packit.dev/docs/fedora-releases-guide) and ask for help in case of
any issue: #packit:fedora.im (Matrix) / #team-packit (Slack).

If you want to join us please fill the following form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJGOSubvfsl9d2Vlb1mrb02gE7_kRuxagi1lGLl9WBpEh2Dw/viewform
we will send you further details.

Looking forward to seeing you!