Hi, Today I built the new pandoc-cli package into Rawhide, which replaces
the pandoc binary package: due to an upstream packaging change last year.
The accompanying pandoc build also fixes a couple of CVEs, so I will be
backporting this to F40 and F39 soon.

The current initial version is pandoc-cli-0.1.1.1 (previously bundled
within the F39+ pandoc package) but the package Provides: pandoc-3.1.3 and
Obsoletes older nvr's.

I am currently blocked for updating beyond pandoc-3.1.3 by missing deps
(see other recent threads here - particularly if you want to help with
reviewing).
Also note that from pandoc version 3.1.10 on, the pandoc-cli version is
locked to the pandoc version so any version ambiguity will go away at that
point: I certainly hope that will be in F41 at least.

/usr/bin/pandoc still reports its version as 3.1.3.
So yea, I am also pondering if it would make more sense if pandoc-cli just
provides a pandoc binary package instead.

Packagers can/may wish to use (Build)Requires: pandoc-cli instead of pandoc
in their packages going forward, though I would suggest to wait until the
packages are also built for branches.

Testing is very welcome since this is quite a large packaging change.
Let me know and report if you see any problems.

Thanks, Jens