On 04/15/2014 12:05 AM, Ken Dreyer wrote:
On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Bill Nottingham <nott...@splat.cc> wrote:
Jaroslav Reznik (jrez...@redhat.com) said:
= Proposed System Wide Change: Ruby193 in SCL =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Ruby193_in_SCL

Change owner(s): Marcela Mašláňová <mmasl...@redhat.com>

Ruby 1.9.3 with Rails 3.2.8 is still commonly used by many projects. Let's
provide Ruby and Rails in SCL even for Fedora. Rails depends on exact v8
version, which means v8 3.14 must have also their own SCL as part of the SCL.

Is the intent to only provide SCL versions of the older ruby & rails, or
also the current versions (i.e., move to SCL as the rails delivery mechanism
going forward)?

Personally I like the direction that Django is taking by shipping
parallel-installable packages. I think this would be doable for Rails.
/usr/bin/rails could be handled with alternatives.

- Ken

Thanks for recommendation, but I need to provide more than one gem. I know current content of collection is working together well (~60), so I'd like to keep those gems in their versions.

Marcela