Upps. Part 2 (accidentally pressed send)

Am Montag, 22. Oktober 2018, 19:27:07 CEST schrieb dep:
> I'd hope to add notifications, preferably via daemon in
> the same way that we can get texts without the Messages app being open,
> and a proper download path for attachments and such

That is hard as the current webengines (gecko or qtwebkit) don't support
notifications.

> So I hope there's a very
> basic browser out there that can be hacked rather than my trying to
> reinvent the wheel with little knowledge other than wheels being round.

I hope there is something coming with SailfishOS 3 there should be QtWebEngine
coming that
in theory should support what you need and is overall a far more modern
webengine as it is
based on the blink engine (which Chromium/Chrome uses)

So maybe waiting for the SailfishOS 3 release is better for now.

Greetings
Leszek