Am Montag, 22. Oktober 2018, 19:53:40 CEST schrieb dep:
> While I'm here -- is there any mechanism for easily passing commandline
> parameters to an application and giving that application, with the
> parameters, an icon?

If you mean to just create an Icon for an already existing application but with
a different execution parameter you can copy the applications .desktop file
you can find in /usr/share/applications and modify the Exec line in that
plaintext file aswell as the Name in the file.

PS: I think it is better for the mailinglist to open new topics for new topics
instead of discussing this underneath another thread. This makes it easier
later on for other people with the same question to find the answer :)