Hi Martin,

Op vr 26 jul. 2019 om 00:02 schreef Martin Kampas <martin.kam...@jolla.com>:

> Hi Eli,
>

> does the Android SDK version match the Android OS version?
>
> does the macOS SDK version match the macOS version?
>
> does the Windows SDK version match the Windows OS version?
>
> does the Qt Creator version match the Qt version?

> The universal answer is No, simply because the SDK and the platform are
> two different products with their own life cycles.
>

> Each Sailfish SDK version supports multiple Sailfish OS versions.
> Currently this means the latest OS version published to all users + some
> older OS versions. Soon, we will start releasing also build targets for the
> latest OS version published to EA users.

As far as I recall most every SFOS release came with a SDK release, of
course I may be wrong.
Either way if versioning "should not" be tied to SFOS versions then why in
the world not use a date versioning scheme like you did from 2014 until
2018?

> You can be sure the links published on
> https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_SDK#Latest_SDK_Release always
> point to the latest SDK release, so unless you dig them out yourself, you
> cannot download older installers by mistake.

Nobody makes no mistakes big or small company, when I went to latest and it
gave me an apparently meaningless version number that matches an OS version
number from over a year ago that made me do a double take and look at
modify dates here http://releases.sailfishos.org/sdk/installers/

> Enjoy using the latest greatest SDK and forget about version numbers, they
> become important only when dealing with issues :)

I am enjoying and hope you will take the suggestion to revert to date
versioning or SFOS version matching seriously.

Best regards,
Eli