Marc Aurele La France wrote:

> > > I assume you mean depth 24/32?  If so, does the problem show in 24/24?
>
> > The default, which I see is 24/32.  I've also seen it happen at depth 16
> > now, but not so far at 24/24 in about a half dozen trials.
>
> > Interestly, in depth 16 if I switch away from the server and back again,
> > forcing a redraw, that sometimes fixes the pattern.
>
> > Depth 24/24 log at http://kevb.net/files/XFree86_ati_24_24.log
> > 24/32 log at http://kevb.net/files/XFree86_nokill_nomouse.log
>
> Could you narrow this down to the XAA primitive causing the problem?  The
> driver currently accelerates screen-to-screen copies, solid fills, 8x8
> mono pattern fills, scanline CPU-to-screen colour expansion and (other
> than for 24bpp) solid lines.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Marc.

Screen-to-screen it appears.  Problem is not reproducible when I see:

(II) ATI(0): Using XFree86 Acceleration Architecture (XAA)
        Solid filled rectangles
        8x8 mono pattern filled rectangles
        Indirect CPU to Screen color expansion
        Solid Lines
        Setting up tile and stipple cache:
                9 128x46 slots

after setting "XaaNoScreenToScreenCopy", and just setting
"XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps" is not enough to fix it for me.  Testing was
done on depth 24/32.

--
Kevin