I am attempting to do some things that are somewhat unconventional, and
have so far been unable to find documentation on how to accomplish this.
I have poted a similar query to some newsgroups, but so far have not got
an answer I need.

I am in the process of writing hardware / software monitor color
calibration software for linux under Qt. In doing so, determining the
monitor hardware that is currently running is quite paramount. The DDC
seems to probe the monitors, then store this EDID data in an atom called
XFree86_DDC_EDID1_RAWDATA

While this method seems to work great in a single monitor environment, a
Xinerama environment seems to be different.

Since there seems to be a shared Screen between the Xinerama displays -
is this EDID data still stored somewhere?

Though the full EDID data would be nice, ultimately, I merely need a way
off accociating specific screen coordinates to a monitor Vendor / Model
/ serial number triplet

Any insight into this matter would be greatly apprecated

Ben Guthro
Sequel Imaging, Inc.

--
Ben Guthro