On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Mark Vojkovich wrote:

>   It is very difficult to convert money into code.  It's probably
> easier to raise the money than it is to find a way to convert
> that into code.

Not exactly a driver, but I was under the impression that remote GLX
support (ie hardware accelerated 3D display on one machine for a client
app running on another machine) was only pulled because none was prepared
to pay for the work to be done. My understanding was that there is a
company (Tungsten Graphics ?) who had the skill and the plan to do this
whenever someone paid them.

Or are drivers different because of the need for low-level hardware
details ?

--
Andrew C Aitchison