> Can anyone tell me how good a job the old Mach32 and Mach64
> servers did of taking advantage of the hardware capabilities
> of their respective silicon engines? Put another way, were
> there capabilities in the silicon that we did not use?

There were two features of the mach32 that sounded interesting
in the databook and marketing literature but never got utilized
in the server:  Crystal fonts and a color-coded fill spans
feature for polygon fills.  I don't think they translated well
into the X model.

=====
--
Craig Groeschel  >ladder91 at yahoo dot com<  AT '00
Tread lightly.  Leave no trace.  Never forget.