> > There is a GATOS project to add 3D to those mach64 chips which
> > support 3D; it has never been merged into the XFree86 driver.
> >
> > Xv may or may not have made it into the mach64 driver too.
> >

> GATOS develops the Xv and video in/out features of ATI cards.  the DRI
> developers have added 3D support for mach64 (rage pro) chips (3D on the
> older rage I/II/IIc is still not supported).  basic Xv support was
> recently added to xfree86 cvs for mach 64.

One DRI developer makes a Xv/DRI merged driver available as well on his
website (can't remember where off of the top of my head). This is the
driver I use for my Mach64 and I think also the driver with the best
support for the Mach64 chipsets.

It would be very nice to see the Xv+DRI merged drivers made available
for X. If only some important soul within the XFree86 project with the
correct privileges has time to oversee the mergin off code into the
XFree86 main branch how nice that would be!

James