Harold L Hunt II wrote (in a message from Friday 19)
 > Matthieu,
 >
 > The new file, prngc.c, uses sockaddr_storage.  However, I know that at
 > least Cygwin does not have sockaddr_storage.
 >
 > No alternative is provided and no conditional compilation is in effect
 > to fall back to previous functionality when sockaddr_storage is not
 > available.  This breaks the build on Cygwin.
 >
 > What can be done to fix the build on platforms that do not have
 > sockaddr_storage?
 >
 > I already tried using sockaddr instead, but that is missing fields that
 > are contained in sockaddr_storage.  Any other ideas?

Does cygwin have AF_UNIX sockets and the sys/un.h header ? If so it's
quite easy to adapt the code not to use sockaddr_storage.

Otherwise, I'll provide a way to #ifdef out the prngd code, but then
if /dev/[u]random fails, xdm will have to abort (or run with
predictibles cookies).

                                        Matthieu