On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 03:51:05PM -0700, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Peter "Firefly" Lund wrote:
> > On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, David Dawes wrote:
> > > When I discussed this with you privately a while ago all I got were
> > > disrespectful and insulting responses.  Now there is more of the same.
>
> > Err... No.
>
> > He was quite reasonable, in my opinion.
>
> On the contrary.  Implying that XFree86 owes him anything, be it a
> personal/family life or the right to commit, is not reasonable at all.
> Saying "give me what I want to be a volunteer!" simply doesn't cut it.

I've tried to stay out of this ...

From my (impartial; I'm not taking sides) reading, he was saying, "if you want
me here, it's on my terms, which includes CVS. No CVS, no me." He was (AFAICT)
placing conditions on his continued participation in a volunteer activity, not
making demands of other volunteers.

--
Daniel Stone                                              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.org - http://www.kde.org - http://www.freedesktop.org